Here are some extra credit opportunities...
**Reading a novel outside of class? Finish the book and complete the following questions. This must be typed and submitted the last week of the grading period. The book must be at least 150 pages in length. You may complete TWO of these maximum for 15 points each.
1. Title of Book
3. Other books by this author
4. List 4 main characters and describe each in detail. Each description should be one paragraph in length.
5. One paragraph plot summary.
6. Favorite quote. What was your favorite quote from the book and why? (one paragraph)
7. Personal evaluation. Write one paragraph about why you did or did not like the book. Be specific.
**Gone to see a play, musical, ballet, or opera? You may complete TWO of these maximum for 10 points each.
Write a one page review (personal opinion) about the show you saw. What was it about and why you did or did not like it. Must be typed and submitted by the last week of the grading period.
Attach the ticket stub to your paper.
Find any grammatical mistakes around town - in newspapers, on billboards, menus, magazines, etc. and bring a copy of it in. You can earn 5 points for each mistake found - maximum 4 mistakes.